Plant phenotyping is the assessment of expressed plant traits, which are influenced by genetic make-up and environmental changes (among other factors). These traits can be important indicators of genetic traits that can be beneficial when selecting the most fit crop varieties for different environmental conditions. Through the MAPEO platform, we have created a functional and easy-to-use workflow for phenotyping crops and the analysis of crop traits throughout the growing season. As phenotyping requires identifying and analyzing traits of interest, MAPEO offers different crop indices, biomass and height products, as well as AI-driven counting algorithms to help crop breeders analyze plots for both seed development and production.
The MAPEO products, specific for phenotyping are:
- Basemap: base product to calculate Digital Surface Model. Included together with Crop Cover and Crop Emergence products.
- Crop Biomass: measures crop height and crop cover to provide a good estimation of the crop biomass during any growth stage of the crops.
- Crop Emergence Count: this product uses AI with high resolution drone imagery to count the number of plants in early developmental stages.
- Crop Emergence Cover: this product is specially designed for measuring the extent of crop cover at early developmental stages.
- Crop Flowering: using colour-based indices, this product identifies the distribution of flowers during the flowering stage of your crop.
- Crop Health: using multispectral drone imagery, this product will calculate a variety of vegetation indices related to plant health and senescence: NDVI, NDRE, PSRI, CIgreen, CIrededge, and MCARI.
- Crop Health+: this product generates the same indices as above, but at a higher resolution, allowing for better implementation before row closure and during senescence.
- Crop Infection – Powdery Mildew: specifically designed to identify powdery mildew infections.
- Crop Objects – Ear Count: specifically designed to count ears/spikes in wheat fields.
- Crop Objects – Leaf Spots: specifically designed for counting leaf spots on any crop.
- Crop Objects – Seed Pods: specifically designed to count seed pods in brassica fields.
- Crop Objects – Tessel Count: specifically designed to count tessels in maize fields.
- Crop Objects – Umbel Count: specifically designed to count umbels in onion fields.
- Crop Thermal: thermal infrared product with radiometric values.
- Nicking Index: specifically designed to count %nicking of male and female flowers in seed production fields.
The full list of MAPEO products and detailed product descriptions can be consulted here.
If you don't see a specific product you are interested in here, please contact the MAPEO sales team for further options.